Harvard University Center for Africa Studies is inviting applications for the Harvard University Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund for Africa.
The Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund for Africa is made possible by a generous gift from the Motsepe Foundation. The Office of the Vice Provost for Research will administer the Fund together with the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs, in collaboration with the Center for African Studies.
The primary purpose of the Fund is to support faculty-led and student-driven research projects that focus on advancing key challenges and opportunities facing Africa, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- emerging technologies and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- climate change and its effect on health, livelihoods, agriculture, water, and/or sanitation
- renewable energy and its benefit to infrastructure and/or society
- materials science
- governance and policies needed for an entrepreneurial economy
The activities the Fund may support include, but are not limited to,
- associated travel costs, and the
- publication and dissemination of findings
Applicants for Harvard University Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund for Africa must meet at least one of the following three criteria:
- Focus on Africa
- Include meaningful collaboration with Africa-based academics
- Be undertaken in Africa in whole or in part
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of
- academic merit,
- feasibility, and
- their anticipated advancement of the objectives of the Fund.
Interested applicants are to submit their application with the following documents:
- CV of no more than 3 pages for each PI, co-investigator, and collaborator.
- Contact information for principal investigator and any co-investigators or collaborators.
- Single paragraph summary of proposal (150 words maximum)
- Proposal of up to 1,000 words that succinctly describes the proposed research project
- Project budget must be provided using the form available in the application
- Attestation by an appropriate representative (e.g., academic dean, department chair, administrative director) of the applicant’s department or division
For detailed information on how to apply for the Harvard University Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund for Africa, click here
Deadline: December 11, 2023.
For more information on the Harvard University Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Fund for Africa, visit the official site.