Applications are currently ongoing for the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) 2024 Writing Fellowship program for African Writers.
The previously Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study hosts a group of exceptional academics and authors as Writing Fellows each year from the beginning of February through the end of May. However, each Writing Fellow focuses on their individual topic while gaining from contacts with other Writing Fellows and the greater Johannesburg and Gauteng community of researchers and authors.
However, JIAS seeks to establish the frameworks necessary for academics to produce the most advanced interdisciplinary thought and research. This is accomplished by going beyond the typical research and teaching practises of modern higher education and by fostering scholarly collaboration in the humanities and the natural sciences.
Duration: 04 months
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) 2024 Writing Fellowship covers:
- A monthly stipend
- Free mentorship from experienced and accomplished writers
- An immersive and creative experience
- Free accommodation at JIAS Residence
- Provision of meal
- The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) 2024 Writing Fellowship is open to any field of expertise, including novelists writing in indigenous languages.
- They welcome applications from academics, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers, and journalists.
Interested applicants can Apply to the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) Fellowship with:
- A comprehensive CV
- A two-page proposal, and
- ID/Passport copy
To apply for JIAS 2024 Writing Fellowship , click here.
For more information about the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) Fellowship, visit the official site.