The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) calls for applications for its Eight Writing fellowship program.
Every year, from the beginning of February until the end of May, the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study invites a group of outstanding creative writers and academics from several fields as Writing Fellows. However, each Writing Fellow concentrates on her or his own project while benefiting from interactions with other Writing Fellows and the community of researchers and authors from Johannesburg and Gauteng in general.
Nevertheless, JIAS aims to create the conditions in which scholars can deliver cutting-edge interdisciplinary thought and research at the highest academic level. This is done by reaching beyond the regular teaching and research routines of contemporary higher education, and by encouraging collaborative scholarly cooperation in both the humanities and natural sciences.
Duration: 04 months
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) Writing Fellowship covers:
- A monthly stipend
- Free accommodation at JIAS Residence
- Provision of meal
- Free mentorship from experienced and accomplished writers
- An immersive and creative experience
- The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) fellowships is open to any field of expertise, including novelists writing in indigenous languages.
- Applications are welcome from academics, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers, and journalists.
Interested applicants can Apply to the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) writing fellowship
- A comprehensive CV
- A two-page proposal, and
- Three letters of references
To apply, click here.
Deadline: July 31, 2022.
For more information about the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) Writing Fellowship, visit the official site.