Applications for the 2023 WiSTEM2D Scholars Award for postgraduate women in Science and Technology are currently ongoing.
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, and Design.
The awards will fund early to mid-career women working within a STEM2D university department. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields. Johnson & Johnson is looking to identify global women leading in both their research fields and leading as mentors, to be a vision for girls and other women in STEM2D.
Duration: 3 years
The Scholars Award is a three-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds.
To be eligible for Johnson and Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program
- Applicants must be early to mid-career women working within a STEM2D university department at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution, or design school.
- And the female scholar should have a minimum degree in the appropriate field: Science; M.D., Ph.D., Technology; Ph.D., Engineering; Ph.D., Math; M.S., Ph.D., etc.
Judges for WiSTEM2D Scholars Award will use the following criteria to evaluate the applications:
- Scientific/technical expertise exhibited
- Novelty/innovation of the research
- The potential impact of the research
- Feasibility of the research
The WiSTEM2D Scholars Award application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Submit a university or school department head letter of recommendation.
- Write 1,000 words detailing their proposed area of research. One additional page can be added for images or references.
- Submit their resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work, and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of the budget for the proposed research.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.