Applications are currently ongoing for the 2023 Rhodes Global Scholarships for Postgraduate Students to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity to join outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full-time, postgraduate award that enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Established through the Will of Cecil John Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarship was a truly visionary project for its time. Over a hundred years later, the Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program in the world enabling outstanding young people from around the world to undertake full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, (ranked first internationally in the Times Higher Education rankings for 2017 and 2018).
The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend.
- For the 2022/23 academic year, the stipend is £18,180 per annum (£1,515 per month).
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
- It will cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy-class flights – to and from the UK.
- Rhodes Global Scholarships seek young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
- Rhodes Scholars come from all backgrounds and we welcome applications from talented young persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Selection is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
To apply for The Rhodes Global Scholarships for Postgraduate Students, click here
Deadline: August 01, 2023.
For more information on The Rhodes Global Scholarships for Postgraduate Students, visit the official site.