The Rhodes trust foundation invites applications to the Rhodes Scholarship for West African Students 2021.
The Rhodes Scholarship is one of the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship programs, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Rhodes Scholarship is not just a financial bursary, but a life-changing opportunity for exceptional young people with the potential to make a difference for good in the world. They are people who have a vision of how the world could be better and the energy to make a difference – whatever their sphere of interest.
The Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- an annual stipend
- living expenses, including accommodation.
The eligibility criteria for Rhodes scholarship application include:
- Applicant must be a citizen of one of the West African countries
- He/she must have a Bachelor’s degree with the highest classification their university awards, e.g. First Class Honors, or a Distinction in the case of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy courses.
- They must have been resident in one or more of the West African countries for at least five of the last ten years
- If unsuccessful in their first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, they may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
- A full curriculum vitae that includes details such as academic qualifications, prizes, scholarships, positions of leadership, employment positions, etc.
- a completed application form online with copies of the required documents and information.
- All documents must be submitted in English, or with English translations included.
- Certified copy of birth certificate (or an affidavit of birth).
- A National Identity Card.
- A valid passport (with translation, if necessary)
- An official transcript from the college or university showing grades achieved (to date).
- Evidence of residency within the region for at least five of the last ten years, for example, official school records.
- A personal statement of no more than 1,000 words.
To apply to the Rhodes scholarship application, click here
Deadline: September 15, 2021.
For more information on the Rhodes scholarship, visit the official site .