The Ufahamu Africa invites researchers, journalists, practitioners, and podcasters interested in contributing to content creation and dissemination of cutting-edge analysis and important narratives about life and politics on the continent to apply for a nine-month non-resident fellowship.
Ufahamu Africa non-resident fellows will be considered members of the production team and will be invited to attend relevant conferences (African Studies Association, Working Group on African Political Economy, Africa Podfest, others) as possible with current travel restrictions. Through these networks, fellows will have access to annual research grant competitions, online and in-person convenings, training workshops, and more.
Selected fellows, however, will have the opportunity to guest host podcast episodes, identify future guests and themes, create partnerships with other content producers and disseminators, and build their research and partnership networks. Non-resident fellows at Ufahamu Africa are working remotely for nine months to produce the equivalent of four episodes. Fellows will also be invited to help shape season 7 content, distribution concepts, mashup partnerships, and other podcast production decisions.
Duration: 08 months
Fellows will receive a stipend of $3,500 USD to support their internet data costs and their time spent on the fellowship.
The applicant must
- Have experience with research and/or media dissemination to the general public
- Demonstrate commitment to open-access knowledge dissemination
- Submit a clear proposal
- Demonstrate a commitment to and experience with engaging the general public, policy-makers, and researchers on topics related to life and politics on the continent
- Demonstrate a commitment to building the capacity of African research institutions/universities/media centers and journalists
- Be computer literate, fluent in English, and a strong public speaker
Applications for the Ufahamu Africa Non-resident Remote Fellowship should contain:
- One-page personal statement,
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Two-page podcast proposal,
- Voice note or sample work
To apply, click here.
Deadline: August 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.