Applications are welcome from students all over the world for the United Arab Emirate University (UAEU) PhD Scholarship for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
The purpose of the “PhD Scholarship” is to recruit high-achieving graduate students in certain majors at United Arab Emirate University (UAEU) and provide them with full and continuous financial support to pursue their graduate studies at UAEU.
The Ph.D. Scholarship Awards are based on competitive criteria which take into account the credentials of the applicants (i.e. GPA, journal publications, conference presentations, patents, GRE score, recommendation letters, etc.) and where they have graduated from.
During the scholarship, candidates must keep up to
- Maintain GPA not less than 3.3 at the PhD level.
- Be enrolled full-time (min. of 9 credits/semester) at the PhD level.
- Be available at United Arab Emirate University (UAEU) full-time.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research projects throughout the year.
Duration: 4 Years
The United Arab Emirate University PhD Scholarship for all Nationals covers
- Full tuition waiver.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Health insurance (if needed).
- Extra Bonus:
- Up to AED 3,000 from the supervisor’s external research project, or.
- Up to AED 2,000 from the supervisor’s internal research project.
To qualify for United Arab Emirate University PhD Scholarship candidate must have:
- a GPA not less than 3.5/4.0 in a Master’s degree.
- no employment or other financial sponsorship.
- a dissertation in one of the UAE’s priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Completed application form;
- The deposit slip of the required non-refundable application fee, as relevant to the program, is deposited in the university’s bank account;
- Identity documents as required for Emirati students (copy of passport and Khulasat Al-Qaid) and international students (copy of passport);
- Two certified copies of official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended (the applicant must arrange for these to be sent directly to the Office of Enrollment); and
- An official copy of the applicant’s IELTS certificate or equivalent;
- Recommendation letters as required by the individual programs.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: October 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.