Applications are currently ongoing for the United Nations Jubilee Graduate Study Programme-2022 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Graduate Study Programme (GSP) at UN Geneva is the longest-running educational programme of the United Nations, now in its 60th year. Over the past six decades, the GSP has brought together and trained several thousand young people from over 100 countries on all continents. This two-week-long summer seminar provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations and International Geneva through first-hand observations, lectures, research, and visits to Geneva-based institutions.
The theme of the Graduate Study Programme in 2022 will be:
Agenda 2030 at Halfway: Implementing the SDGs Amidst Global Turbulence
Location: Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. As some discussions may be held in French (without interpretation), knowledge of French is also needed.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme at the time of application.
- Those who are already employed full time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous Graduate Study Programmes are not eligible to apply.
The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Academic background and achievements
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (fluency in English, knowledge of French)
- The usefulness of the Programme for a prospective career of the applicant
Students who wish to participate in the 2022 Graduate Study Programme must submit their applications online. They are to feel the application form on the website, including a
- letter of recommendation (in English or French) from a university or a governmental authority;
- proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree,
- postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme; and
- copies of previous university diplomas obtained.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: March 11, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.