Applications for the 2022 WiSTEM2D Scholars Award are open. Johnson & Johnson is looking to identify global women leading in both their research fields and leading as mentors, to be a vision for girls and other women in STEM2D.
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing, and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per STEM2D discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor (or global equivalent faculty position), and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university, institution, or design school. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
The following are application requirements
- Applicant must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Design (STEM2D).
- She must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution, or design school.
- Candidates who have applied in the past may apply again if they still meet the eligibility criteria.
- The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
Applications must include the following Documents;
- curriculum vitae
- 1,000-word document detailing the proposed area of research
- two references listed on applicant resume, including name and contact information.
- one department head letter of recommendation
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: September 27, 2021.
For more information on the WiSTEM2D Scholars Award, visit the official site.