Applications are currently ongoing for the WomEng Southern Africa 2022 Fellowship Programme for women in Engineering and Technology.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2022 is a one-of-a-kind online learning program that provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and lives virtual master classes.
The programme will be run in four (4) modules between September 2022 – March 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing, and reflecting tasks. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in the industry.
The four (4) modules include:
- Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
- Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care
- Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Duration: 06 months
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng-developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being, and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Growing your community of other like-minded women in engineering and technology
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group and Zutari from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia, or Botswana).
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology, and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana, or Namibia.
- Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia, or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- They must be in the second last to the final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2022 – March 2023 to participate in the program.
To apply for WomEng Southern Africa 2022 Fellowship Programme, click here.
Deadline: August 07, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.