Application is currently ongoing for the Thuthuka Programme at the Stellenbosch University for prospective chartered accountants.
The Thuthuka bursary fund program is the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) transformation project aimed at motivating previously disadvantaged learners to pursue a career as Chartered Accountants (CA’s).
The bursary fund is aimed at increasing the entry numbers and improving the pass rates of African and Coloured university students following the CA(SA) path by providing them with financial support and addressing their needs through comprehensive support programs. The Thuthuka Bursary Fund supports an exciting collaboration that allows universities and the profession to effectively work together to achieve transformation.
Thuthuka bursary fund covers:
- Full tuition fee
- Books and Stationery.
- Thuthuka upliftment fund is open to African
- Applicants will be considered according to academic performance, and
- National Benchmark Test (NBT) results
A complete application must include the following:
- Signed consent form
- Applicant’s ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ salary slip
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependent on family income
- Final Grade 11 results
- Final Grade 12 results (if completed Grade 12)
- Full university transcript (if already at University)
- University provisional acceptance letter (applicants still in high school).
To download the Thuthuka consent form, click here
Deadline: August 31, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site .