The Tiny Beam Fund call for application to its 2020-2021 Tiny Beam International Fellowship Awards For Researchers in the US.
Tiny Beam International Fellowship Awards For Researchers is a program organized to encourage academic researchers to shed light on “burning questions” and support those interested in pursuing these questions: Academic researchers’ training and skill set are well-suited to investigating these thorny questions.
Many academics are interested in studying issues related to these questions for their own scholarly purposes or because they want to research topics that matter most to actual persons and come up with findings of practical use and value to the real world.
This fellowship program is aimed at supporting these academic researchers, it provides academic researchers with concrete opportunities to prepare short plain language documents.
The reality is that academics have their own jargons and communication styles that are often unintelligible to non-academics. The key objective of this program is to bridge the gulf so that the guidance offered by fellowship recipients are delivered into the hands of front-line persons in a way that is ready to be put into practical use
Duration: 4 months.
They are three categories of awards available:
- Category 1: US$25,000 for a team of two to four researchers that has at least one person with a Ph.D./doctoral degree.
- Category 2: US$20,000 for a single individual with a Ph.D./doctoral degree.
- Category 3: US$15,000 for a single individual enrolled in a Ph.D./doctoral degree program and who is writing a dissertation or thesis.
- The fellowship is open to applicants from any national, there are no restrictions as to applicants’ place of residence or citizenship.
- The fellowships are intended primarily for academic researchers (early career as well as senior academics).
- Independent scholars can also apply.
- Applicants must hold Ph.D./doctoral degrees or be in Ph.D./doctoral students writing their dissertation or theses.
The following is required from fellows for application
- An annotated bibliography of publications that are relevant to the content in the Guidance Memo.
- A short personal narrative on the experience working on the Guidance Memo.
And should be sent to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
For more information visit the official site.