Applications are currently ongoing for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate fully funded Scholarship (TLG) 2021.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate program (TLG) is one of the many educational programs offered and fully funded by MEPI at the United States Department of State. It offers students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree through leading American institutions with American-accreditation in the MENA region: the American University of Beirut (AUB) and the Lebanese American University (LAU).
TLG program spans a period of two years to equip graduate students with the professional experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders while supporting and increasing scholars’ knowledge in gender issues specific to the various fields of study.
The TLG program offers students several activities and opportunities to develop their academic and leadership capacities. On the academic front, research is the backbone of the program. Students work closely with qualified faculty on research agendas crafted in line with the MEPI-TLG goals. Starting as graduate research assistants while taking their MA courses, they gain quality research skills, which will allow them later to conceptualize and conduct their own full-fledged research.
Duration: 2 years
The MEPI scholarship covers the following:
- Full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, and tuition fees;
- A monthly living allowance;
- University Medical insurance coverage;
- A yearly book allowance;
- Student housing;
- One laptop for the duration of the program;
- Two round-trip tickets from and to the home country, where applicable
- Academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services;
- Professional training on leadership and gender.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be committed to complete their Master’s degree within two years (Starting fall 2021).
- Demonstrate academic excellence (Maintain a GPA of 3.0 throughout the academic years).
- Be committed to pursue hands-on public policy research and work as part of their Master’s program.
- Demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and host university Financial Aid policies.
- Be a citizen of Algeria/ Egypt/ Iraq/ Jordan/ Lebanon/ Morocco/ Syria (residing outside of Syria)/ Tunisia/ Yemen
To apply, applicants are to submit their Fall 2021-2022 application directly to their university of interest!
Application Deadline: March 2, 2021
For more information visit the official site.