The call for applications is now open for the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for young scientists from developing countries (other than India).
TWAS-CSIR is a fellowship for scientists who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in emerging areas of science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences, incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food, and health insurance.
- In addition, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized housing.
Applicants for these TWAS-CSIR fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 45 years on December 31 of the application year.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science or technology.
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
- be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment.
- be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English if the medium of education was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from a CSIR institution to CSIR and TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
To apply for TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship for Young Scientists from Developing Countries, click here
Deadline: September 15, 2023.
For more information on the TWAS-CSIR Postdoctoral Fellowship for Young Scientists from Developing Countries, visit the official site.