Nominations are invited from both TWAS members, as well as science academies, national research councils, universities, and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries, for the 2021 Award Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award.
TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award is an annual award that honors women scientists from Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) countries and is named after TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi.
A cash award of USD4,000
- Nominees must be female scientists national of an ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 12/2/2019).
- Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
For a nomination to be considered complete, it must include the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee’s briefCV including a complete list of publications
- A clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- Ph.D.information on the subject area, year, and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honors received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and its associated number of citations.
To nominate, click here
Deadline: June 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.