UNESCO-TWAS, in collaboration with the Lincei Academy and the International School for Advanced Studies (TWAS-SISSA), offers young scientists from Least Developed Countries the opportunity to visit research laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy.
Young scientists from least developed countries who hold an MSc (or higher degree) can visit research laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy, for three months to carry out collaborative research projects in the fields that fall under the umbrella of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The purpose of these exchange fellowships is twofold:
- To enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career
- To catalyze the formation of research links for further collaboration.
Duration: 03 months
The TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Programme covers travel expenses and provides subsistence costs for the stay in Italy.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year
- Applicants must hold an MSc (or higher degree)
- Particular attention will be given to research projects that fall under the umbrella of sustainability science
- Applicants must be nationals of a least developed country
- Applicants must hold a research position in the least developed country
- Women scientists are welcome to apply
The application for TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Programme should contain the following materials:
- the completed application form;
- copy of passport, even if expired;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae;
- full list of publications (do not enclose reprints of articles);
- copy of the MSc (or higher) certificate;
- a recent invitation letter obtained through one of the eligible host laboratories listed above which should contain the proposed time of the visit (3 months) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. And
- recent letters of recommendation, which must be submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.