TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India, offer fellowships to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research toward a PhD in physical sciences (TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme).
TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the S.N. Bose National CentrSe for Basic Science in Kolkata, India, for studies towards postgraduate research in the physical sciences for a minimum period of time.
The Centre carries out the following research activities:
- Linear and Non-linear spectroscopy,
- Ultrafast molecular processes and spectroscopy,
- Ultrafast dynamics in biological macromolecules and magnetization,
- Quantum field theory, mathematical physics, cognitive science,
- Granular physics, Non-commutative quantum mechanics,
- Statistical physics, non-linear dynamics,
- Turbulences, lattice gauge theories, representation theory of lie groups and coherent states, quantum optics, black holes, constrained dynamics, quantum gravity, and quantum spin systems.
Duration: 5 years
TWAS-SN Bose will provide
- a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food, and
- free on-campus accommodation.
Candidates for TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate fellowship must meet the following criteria:
- hold a Masters’s Degree in physics, mathematics, or chemistry. S/he must have completed at least a total of 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute;
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
To apply for the Date TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2022, click here.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022.
For more information on TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship, visit the official site.