The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in Collaboration with the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) calls for application to its Associateship Scheme for Researchers in Developing Countries 2021.
In cooperation with UNESCO, TWAS instituted an Associateship Scheme to help counteract the brain drain affecting many developing countries. The programme supports regular visits by researchers from developing countries to centers of excellence in the South. Almost 300 centers of excellence in the South have agreed to participate in the programme.
Duration: 2-3 months
The Associateship covers:
- the associate’s travel expenses and
- a monthly contribution of USD300
- accommodation and food, and
- provision of research facilities.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
- The selection of associates is highly competitive, therefore, appointments are made on the basis of merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants are to upload the following documentations:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- Ph.D. certificate;
- supporting statement from Head of Home Institution;
- scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- the applicant’s full list of publications;
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the participating Institutions.
To apply click here
Deadline: December 1, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.