Applications are open for the United Nations Regional Course in International Law, to academia and professionals from intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, and similar institutions engaged in international law activities in Africa.
The Regional Courses provide high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law, as well as specific subjects of particular interest to the countries in a given region. In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on legal matters in the region.
The UN Regional Courses are intended to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated bodies.
The objective of this training programme is to enhance the knowledge of indigenous peoples on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can use them to more effectively advocate for the rights of their communities.
Location: Addis Ababa
The fellowships cover:
- fellows recipient’s travel in economy class,
- a stipend to cover other living expenses,
- accommodation and meals,
- medical insurance,
- participation in the Regional Course and the training materials.
To be eligible for the Regional Course, candidates
- Must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- Are to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Deadline: November 23, 2020
For more information and application detail, visit the official site