United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is accepting applications from interested and qualified applicants, on an ongoing Digital Finance Internships at Multiple locations in Asia. UNCDF is working with the greater UN system to investigate the applications of digital finance at the individual, company, sector, national and global level to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The purpose is to inform the UN system as well as UNCDF’s new strategy to focus its financial inclusion work more toward the SDGs.
UNCDF is looking for qualified interns all-year-around to support its different activities related to the following functional areas:
- Data Analytics
- Research and Writing in areas related to SDGs and Digital Economy
- Knowledge Management and Communication that includes social media engagement
- Blogging and Developing content related to work of UNCDF
- Engaging in developing infographics, production of video blogs, pictures repository, etc.
- New technology trends like AI, IoT, VR and how could it be deployed in the context of digital finance especially for low and moderate-income
- New business models that would allow for achieving the SDG goals through digital and finance.
- Start-up engagement through the UNCDF accelerator and incubation program delivered through a financial innovation lab
- Impact investment
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the UNCDF Technical Specialist(s) – Digital Finance and Innovation, the key results expected from Digital Finance interns are:
- Support in researching and developing summaries on key issues like food security and climate change, gig economy workers, health, digital stack, education, jobs and skills, other related topics under SDGs and where Digital and Finance could play a key role;
- Develop brief summaries as well as help to develop information sheets that summarize key research finding on specific technologies and /or their applications to development issues. These technologies will include those core to digital finance (mobile, payments, fintech) and those which support them (big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, distributed ledger);
- Identify and review research, publications and news related to how the digitization of finance is being applied to achieve the SDGs;
- Work on areas related to impact investment, research and assist with developing reports that contribute to different agenda of UNCDF;
- Communication support that includes social media engagement, through UNCDF community of practice platform and engaging with the members on the topic related to the digital economy;
- To the extent convenient and possible, help prepare for participating in, and help document virtual or in-person convenings on the topic working with the assigned UNCDF leader;
- Assist in other organizational efforts related to the outreach to stakeholders;
- Other tasks as requested.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolledin a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the field of Finance/Economics/Business Administration/Development studies and similar discipline from reputed Institution desired.
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Fluency in Hindi or Mandarin Chinese or other languages in the Asian region will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Interested Candidates can apply at any time indicating the time frame of their availability in the internship form. However, only those candidates selected for interviews based on a further assessment by hiring managers will be contacted on an ongoing basis.
To apply, click here
Deadline: December 31, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.