United Nations Development Project (UNDP) is looking for young African women to join the second cohort of the African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship Programme.
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. The fellow may also be assigned to the UN Secretariat or the AU Commission. For the second cohort (2021-2022), UNDP will work with the AUC and AU member states to enhance women’s leadership and representation in public and private institutions through targeted leadership training and capacity development to promote the participation of young women in decision-making roles.
The 12-month fellowship rests on three pillars:
- Equipping outstanding young African women leaders with the leadership skills and experience required to advance the SDGs and Agenda 2063 and contribute effectively to decision-making in public, private and multilateral institutions at home and abroad.
- Creating a diverse pool of talent to enhance UNDP’s organizational efficiency and contribute to more responsive and effective policies and programmes.
- Developing a network of African young women professionals that engages in promoting innovative, sustainable and inclusive development through South-South development exchange.
The UNDP African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship programme will cover;
- expenses related to travel and medical insurance, and
- a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at their respective duty station.
- Female candidates only.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme.
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Maximum one year of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2021/22 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
To apply for the UNDP African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship, click here
Deadline: September 17, 2021.
For more information on the UNDP African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship, visit the official site.