Call for applications for the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
The UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) was created to encourage young people to undertake scientific careers and make their work more visible to the community and society. This is the first edition of the Prize, which recognizes the achievements of young people that are conducive to socio-economic transformation and development on a global scale while also increasing the interest of young people, particularly girls and women, in science so as to promote gender equality, scientific literacy and the choice of a scientific career.
The Prize is awarded to candidates for their significant achievement/contribution to:
- Research in STEM including emerging technologies or;
- STEM education, dissemination of research findings, as well as creativity and innovation or;
- International or regional cooperation in STEM.
The UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize consists of a monetary award of US $ 50,000 for each of the five laureates as well as a medal and a diploma.
The candidate for the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize must be a researcher who
- Candidates must be less than 40 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- Applications are especially welcome from young women scientists
- International scientific unions are also welcome to submit applications
- Applications are as well welcome from Universities
- NGOs maintaining official partnerships with UNESCO and active in relevant fields covered by the Prize can also apply
Each nomination for the UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize shall be accompanied by a written recommendation, which shall include:
- a description of the candidate’s background and achievements
- a summary of the work, publications, and other supporting documents of major importance, submitted for consideration
- a description of the candidate’s contribution to the Prize’s objectives.
Deadline: November 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.