The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) calls on young women and men under the age of 35 to apply for the 2022 Silk Roads Youth Research Grant.
UNESCO grant aims to mobilize young researchers for further study of the Silk Roads’ shared heritage. The UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grant was first launched in 2021 and is organized within the Silk Roads Programme with the support of the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, in the context of the UNESCO Social and Human Sciences Programme.
The research needs to address specific issues relating to:
- the shared heritage and plural identities developed along the Silk Roads,
- its internal diversity,
- its potential in contemporary societies for creativity, intercultural dialogue, social cohesion, regional and international cooperation, and
- ultimately sustainable peace and development.
Twelve grants of USD10,000 will be awarded per research project.
For the UNESCO 2022 Silk Roads Youth Research Grant, the following criteria apply:
- Postgraduate researchers, aged 35 and younger at the time of application, are eligible to apply for the grant.
- The proposed research may be carried out by an individual researcher or may be part of the research of a group or collaborative project.
- A broad array of research fields, including multidisciplinary and multidimensional proposals not limited to one specific region or chronology, are eligible.
- Proposed research may cover one or several themes associated with the Silk Roads shared heritage including, but not limited to:
- Science, Technology and Traditional Knowhow
- Religion and Spirituality
- Language and Literature
- Arts and Music
- Traditional Sports and Games
- Economy and Trade
- The Legacy of the Silk Roads and Contemporary Issues
Applicants are to submit their research proposals by downloading and completing the template provided below, detailing their research project, its methods, expected outcomes, and contribution to existing scholarship.
To apply, click here
Deadline: May 31, 2022.
For more information on UNESCO Calls for Proposal for the 2022 Silk Roads Youth Research Grant, visit the official site.