Application is currently ongoing for the UNESCO internship program for graduate students in Africa.
The Internship Programme is one of the podiums that offers graduate and postgraduate students practical work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas. Aside from helping them understand the Organization’s mandate, programs, and main thrusts, it also enhances their academic knowledge with relevant work assignments that can help them prepare for their future career.
An internship program at UNESCO will be an ideal program to help candidates plan to embark on a career in the field of education, science, or culture.
UNESCO provides insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against the risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
UNESCO internship program seeks applicants:
- who have completed their full-time university studies (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- Who have recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), within the last 12 months.
- Applicants must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French.
- Have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
in applying for the UNESCO Internship Programme for Postgraduate students, applicants must:
- Have your motivation letter and résumé ready before filling out the application form.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- You can only use either English or French in applying.
- You are allowed to submit only one application.
- The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 6 months.
To apply, click here.
For more information on UNESCO Internship Programme for Postgraduate students, visit the official site.