The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) seeks applications from qualified young African professionals to its Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships fellowship program 2021.
ECA seeks to engage optimistic young Africans for capacity development and skills, mentorship and training through a fellowship programme within ECA’s work programme. This fellowship initiative is in line with the Commission’s effort to assist member States to develop their capacities in economic and social policy research, development, implementation, analysis, governance, and monitoring and evaluation.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa is the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa. Its decree is to promote the social development and economy of Africa. ECA’s double role as a regional arm of the UN, and a part of the regional institutional landscape in Africa, positions it well to make unique contributions to member States’ efforts to address their development challenges. Its strength stems from its role as the only United Nation agency mandated to operate at the regional and sub-regional levels to harness resources and bring them to bear on Africa’s priorities.
Duration: 12 months
- ECA Fellows will receive a one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000;
- A monthly stipend of USD 3,000 each for the duration of the fellowship;
- Return air ticket between candidates country of residence and the assigned duty station.
To qualify for this fellowship, applicants must
- be a national of a Member State of the Economic Commission for Africa;
- have an interest in one or more of the identified thematic areas;
- must be 35 years of age or below, at the time of the application;
- have graduated before 1 March 2019 from either a master’s degree or doctorate degree programme;
- submit and present at a seminar a peer-reviewed research paper at the end of the assignment;
- participate in national, regional or international meetings as assigned for exposure; and
- be available to travel to the assigned duty station as may be decided by ECA after the selection process.
Interested applicants are to submit their applications to the email below
Email Address: RecruitmentPPost@un.org
Deadline: April 14, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.