The United Nations, calls for applications from interested applicants for its Global Compact internship opportunities in New York 2021.
The objective of the internship is to give interns a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations. Interns will be given a real chance to work with people as part of the UN team. They will work directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, where they will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations.
Duration: 3-6 Months
Depending on the level of experience and training of interns, They will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
The Global Compact Internship opportunity in New York candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Interested applicants for the Global Compact Internship opportunity in New York should send the following documents
- Curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter from intern institution of higher education for the internship.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
For more information and application, click here.