Applications are welcome to the 59th Graduate Study Programme of the United Nations Service.
The United Nations Information Service’s Graduate Study Programme (GSP) is the longest-running educational program of the United Nations. Now in its 59th year, over the decades the GSP has trained thousands of youth from over 100 countries. Seminars provide an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the United Nations System and the International Geneva through first-hand observations, lectures, research, group work, and visits to Geneva-based institutions.
The 59th Graduate Study Programme will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland from Monday, 28 June to Friday, 9 July 2021. It will comprise lectures given by representatives of the United Nations and other Geneva-based organizations, visits to institutions, and daily work in working groups under the guidance of expert moderators. The GSP theme for 2021 will be:
“Post-COVID World: Reset, Resilience, Recovery”
Participants in the Graduate Study Programme are selected by a Selection Committee composed of officials of the United Nations Office at Geneva with various backgrounds and professional experiences.
The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
• Academic background
• Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (English and French)
• Geographical balance
• Extracurricular activities
• Gender balance
• Usefulness of the Programme for the career of the applicant
- As several sessions and discussions may be held in French, working knowledge of French is also needed.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- They must be enrolled in a master’s degree program or a postgraduate degree program at the time of application.
To apply for this program, the application form is to be completed on the website, accompanied by
- a copy of the applicant’s passport,
- letter of recommendation (in English or French only) from a university or a governmental authority,
- proof of current enrolment(at the time of application) in a master’s degree program or a postgraduate degree program and university diplomas obtained.
Deadline: March 5, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.