The Chair of Epistemologies of the Global South at the University of Bayreuth invites applications for part-time positions for Doctoral Researchers in the Study of Decolonization and Epistemologies of the Global South.
The University of Bayreuth is one of the leading destinations in Germany in terms of its study environment and the level of its students.
The doctoral researchers will be given the opportunity to pursue their degree within the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS).
The research position is in the following thematic areas:
- Epistemologies of the Global South
- Decolonial/postcolonial studies
- African/black female intellectuals
- Radical black tradition
- Theory from the South
- Decolonial feminism
- Decolonizing knowledge and
- Decolonizing African Studies.
Duration: 4 years
The salary will fall into the pay grade E 13 TV-L
- Applicants should have a Master or MPhil in any of the following fields of study: African Studies, History, Anthropology, Sociology, Philosophy, Gender Studies etc.
- Candidates should have the capacity for teamwork in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- German language skills are an asset
- Applicants with children are highly welcome
Applications should include;
- A cover letter,
- An academic CV,
- Copies of degree certificates or diplomas
- Contact data of two academic references, and
- A short outline of ideas concerning a possible PhD topic that fits the thematic areas above.
Applications should be sent electronically as a single PDF file (up to 30 MB) to Prof. Dr Sabelo J. Ndlovu-Gatsheni
Deadline: August 20, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.