Applications are welcome for collaboration between professors of the University of Bonn and postdoctoral researchers from Developing Countries for the 2022 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Fellowships.
Tenured faculty (in the rank of professor) at the University of Bonn can use this fellowship program to invite international postdoctoral fellows to work on a joint research project focused on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as outlined in the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. For one or two semesters, the scientists should collaborate on research and teaching with a professor from the University of Bonn.
Currently, the University of Bonn has several cooperations with universities and research centers throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Researchers from the above-mentioned regions are given priority for the Bonn SDG Fellowships, which are based on the 17th Sustainable Development Goal, “Partnerships for the Goals.” The purpose is to encourage and support talented researchers while also forming and strengthening networks.
The funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded.
- The fellowship welcomes Post-doctoral researchers (with foreign citizenship) who wish to collaborate on a research project at the University of Bonn.
- Beyond her/his fellowship, the fellow should have a long-term association (research or teaching) at a university or research institute in the above-mentioned regions. and
- Also, exhibit proven expertise in a research area within the SDGs’ subject range.
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- Online form
- A financing plan
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn; please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities)
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: May 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.