Applications are currently welcome for the University of Cape Town (UCT) Mastercard international Scholarship for African Students 2021/2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time postgraduate (master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognized and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the program. Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to return to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
the successful candidates for the University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship will enjoy:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- The Mastercard Foundation specifically targets students from the lower economic quintiles in their countries.
- The Scholars Program is open to students from Africa and is open only to new applicants who have not yet commenced a degree program.
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Applications for the University of Cape Town must include the following Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae/resume.
- Motivation Letter.
- Higher education entrance qualification.
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree Certificate.
- Transcript of Records
To apply for the University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information on the University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship, visit the official site.