Applications are invited for the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship 2021.
As a leading institution of learning and research, the University of Nairobi through C4DLab (the Innovation and Incubation Hub) and a strategic industry partner, is running a 6 month-long prestigious Research & Innovation Fellowship.
The competitive fellowship will allow fellows to solve real-life local problems while applying the 21st century 4Cs skills and explore human-centered design / Design thinking methodologies. The fellows – together with other curious change makers and a community of research and innovation experts – will engage in rewarding research, problem-solving, and innovation projects in financial services.
- 21st century 4 C’s skills in Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity.
- Multi-disciplinary practical problem-solving.
- Principles and practices of Design Thinking, Innovation, and Problem Based Learning (fundamentals).
- Practical research techniques data collection, surveys, Focus Group Discussions, observation, and contextual interviews.
- Final level undergraduate and Masters-level students (interested Ph.D. students will also be considered are welcome to apply.
- The application will be accepted from students from the following faculties/departments: Computer Science, Business, Development Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law, Actuarial Science, Engineering, and Agriculture.
- Curious about research and innovation and the particular application of Design Thinking to solving real-life local problems.
- Demonstrated passion and interest in problem-solving and innovation challenges.
- Submit evidence of challenges that one has attempted to solve, CV, practical work portfolio, and motivation why his/her application should be considered.
- Available to commit close to a 6 month-long program allocating an average of 15 hours per week to the fellowship program.
Applicants will be required to fill a four-part form that will collect the following information:
- Personal Information: This includes basic information about the applicant such as name, student identification number, etc.
- Professional Background: The applicant is expected to answer a couple of questions about their interest in the fellowship and ways in which it will aid their career paths.
- Educational Background: applicants are required to fill in the correct information regarding their education history/current status.
- Documents Upload: Finally applicants will be required to upload specific documents that include their CV, Work Portfolio, Academic Recommendation Letter, and Professional Recommendation Letter.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: January 22, 2021
For more information visit the official site.