The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high-achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Postgraduate Study Programmes Available are:
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Honors and Masters’s degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only)
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only).
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following programmes at the University of Pretoria.
To qualify for the University of Pretoria and MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Candidates should be citizens of Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving-back project.
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Interested students for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application process.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: October 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.