The University of Twente is looking for excellent enthusiastic scholars to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences for the position of Associate Professor.
The HBE department is a growing research group that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology, and the social sciences. We conduct cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative management and decision-making.
They are looking for talents with a background in information systems, data sciences, and an interest in AI. Their research deals with systems for supporting complex decision-making. Applicants adopt an organizational view in designing business processes, supply chains, and value networks and study novel ways of distributed organizing. He/she has acquired expertise in the Design of Business-ICT architectures and Business & Systems modeling and implementation.
The applicant will contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorization. He/she will;
- carry out high-tech business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different subject areas;
- improve your home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- build our research and teaching ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teach and coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of Business & IT and International Business Administration;
- guide students from these programs in their graduation assignment;
- develop expertise in novel data driven research methods and work jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets for research);
- contribute towards the supervision of PhD students.
- The starting salary, ranges between € 3.807 to € 6.421 gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, lecturers, educationalists, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
The Associate Professor in Business Information System seeks applicants who;
- show vision and ambitious drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- have knowledge of and experience in Enterprise Systems, Analytics and Data Science with application to business domains such as logistics, health or finance;
- hold a PhD degree in Information Systems or a related field and have experience in research, which is apparent from publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited university;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
- A full resume.
- Names and contact information of referees.
To apply for the Associate Professor in Business Information System, click here.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022.
For more information on Associate Professor in Business Information System, visit the official site.