The University of Twente welcomes applications from outstanding students in the developing countries to its Education for Sustainable Energy Developments (ESED) scholarships program 2021.
The ESED scholarship supports outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and encourages meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
ESED scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. This one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
The Scholarships cover a stipend of up to USD $ 21,000 per year for a maximum of two years.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake full-time master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2021.
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
To apply, applicants must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below.
- Curriculum vitae detailing their education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Admission letter from their university program of choice
- University transcript(s)
- Program outline
- Academic Reference Form
- Academic or personal reference letter
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: March 6, 2021
For more information visit the official site.