Applications are invited to the United Nations University (UNU_WIDER) 2021 Visiting Doctoral Fellowship program.
The UNU-WIDER Visiting doctoral Fellowship provides an opportunity for doctoral students to further their thesis in an international research institute.
This Doctoral Visiting Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the needed opportunity to exploit the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their Ph.D. thesis or dissertation research on developing economies, and to work with UNU researchers in areas of common interest.
The program is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their Doctoral program. During their stay in Helsinki, fellows will have an opportunity to prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings and even publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Duration: 3 months
The UNU_WIDER fellowship program covers:
- a monthly stipend of EUR 1,700 to cater for candidates living expenses in Helsinki during the period of the fellowship.
- a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of candidates Ph.D. granting institution, and
- medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during their stay at UNU-WIDER).
To qualify for the UNU_WIDER Doctoral fellowship program, the following requirements must be met.
- Candidates must be signed up for a Doctoral program and have shown the ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply
- Applications are particularly encouraged from qualified female, early-career, and developing country researchers.
- They should be fluent in oral and written English with good qualitative or quantitative analytical skills.
As part of their application Prospecting candidates are to provide the following documents for applications:
- curriculum vitae.
- Brief research and project proposal.
- a letter of reference from the candidate’s supervisor, emailed (by the supervisor) to the following address: email@example.com.
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.