The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA) in collaboration with the Spanish Centres of Excellence Call for Applications to its 6th Edition of Science by Women Program for Visiting Senior Research Fellowships in Spanish.
In line with its operation of contributing to the development of Africa through the ambition of its women, the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), is launching the 6th Edition of science women programme, with the aim of promoting African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to raise the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The main objective of this programme is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health and biomedicine, sustainable agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change.
Due to the gender disparities in science and technology in both the public and private spheres affecting Africa’s population as a whole which has severe consequences on the balanced and sustainable development of African countries, this programme is organized to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy through research that can be transferred into products, processes, services and technologies having an impact on people´s lives.
The Research Areas comprises of:
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water and Climate Change
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Safety
- Information and communication technologies
- Physics, astrophysics and materials physics.
Duration: 6 months
Flight fare from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month
This opportunity is only for women
- Be a national of an African country.
- Proven experience leading a research group
- hold a PhD degree with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- have a contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- have an excellent academic record and a proven track of relevant research experience
Applications must include the following documents:
- Letter of Interest maximum of one page
- Full CV (Europass format is recommended)
- Fully filled form Paseo de la Castellana, 144 – 28046 Madrid | T. +34 914 570 945 | mujeresporafrica.es 7
- Passport or NID
- PhD Diploma
- Research proposal maximum of two pages
To apply, click here
Deadline: September 30, 2020
For more information visit the official site.