The call for applications is open for the fully-funded West Africa Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture (WACSWISA) Ph.D. and Masters scholarship 2021.
The Government of Ghana (GoG) and the World Bank (WB) jointly fund the Scholarship Award Scheme (SAS) to help promising African students pursue Masters (MSc/MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) study programs in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Environmental Management and Sustainability, and related research in the West African sub-region in particular and Africa as a whole.
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition and Learning Costs
- Research Costs
- Monthly Stipend
- International Placement/Mobility Costs.
To apply for the WACWISA PhD and Masters scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- Applicants must be Nationals of an African country
- He/she must currently reside in Africa
- Applicants must be less than 35 years for the Master’s program and less than 40 years for a PhD
- He/she must meet the standard University for Development Studies Admission requirement for both local and international students.
- Practical field training/experience in irrigation and drainage or Environmental Management and Sustainability related activities is a plus.
- Female candidates in the West-Africa sub-region are particularly encouraged to apply.
The documents listed below must be submitted before the deadline to be considered for WACWISA Scholarship Award Scheme (SAS)
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) –maximum two (2) pages.
- Applicants must submit a maximum of three (3)-page master’s and five (5)-page Ph.D. research proposals.
- All applicants shall submit a two (2)-page statement of motivation outlining their fitness for the study program and the benefit of the training to their home country and Africa in general.
- There are three letters of reference (2 academic letters of reference and one (1) professional letter of reference).
- A copy of Identity Card (ID) or Bio-data page of National Passport.
Deadline: June 30, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.