The West African Research Association (WARA), in cooperation with the Mastercard Foundation, is happy to announce its Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program that will help young West African scholars.
This program represents their collaborative effort to expand possibilities for emerging West African scholars, people who are turning ideas into practical answers to problems that affect not only the area but the entire world.
This competition is accessible to West African citizens currently enrolled in graduate programs at American institutions of higher learning. (Citizens of West Africa who are also citizens of the United States are not eligible.) Applicants in the pre-dissertation stage who demonstrate financial necessity will be given priority.
The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship-US program will award one pre-doctoral grant of $4,000 for travel to West Africa to conduct research.
The WARA Ideas Matter Fellowship for West African Scholars is accessible to West African citizens currently enrolled in graduate programs at American institutions of higher learning.
Applications for WARA Ideas Matter Fellowship for West African Scholars in the US require the following materials:
- Resume or CV
- Abstract (50-80 words)
- Proposal (6 pages – double spaced)
- Itemized budget (including estimated costs for housing, food, travel, equipment, printing/photocopying, and institutional affiliation fees)
- Graduate transcripts (Scan and upload official transcripts)
- Three letters of reference are signed by the recommender.
- A statement explaining how their research will contribute to meeting critical needs on the continent
To apply for WARA Ideas Matter Fellowship for West African Scholars in the US, click here.
Deadline: April 17, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.