WASCAL (West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use) issues a call for applications for interested West Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies in Climate Change.
WASCAL (West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use) is a large-scale research-focused Climate Service Center designed to help tackle severe challenges posed by climate change and enhance human and environmental systems’ resilience to climate change increased variability. It does so by strengthening the research infrastructure and capacity in West Africa related to climate change and pooling ten West African countries and Germany.
WASCAL will give students from eleven West African nations complete scholarships to pursue doctoral research programs and master’s research programs in Climate Change topic areas, thanks to the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) support.
The WASCAL scholarship includes
- full funding,
- roundtrip tickets,
- allowances, and
- travel to selected West African countries as well as to Germany.
To be eligible to apply for WASCAL scholarship, applicants must:
- Have a second Class (Upper Division) in their First degree and a good Master’s degree in Soil Science, Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Engineering option), Mathematics, Geography, Land Economy, Atmospheric Physics, Climatology, and other relevant disciplines,
- He/she must be available for a period of forty-two months for the full-time program.
- They should demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity, and effective decision-making and problem-solving potentials.
- Experience with modeling and GIS would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Must be able to travel to Germany for a period of 3 – 6 months
- Completed WASCAL application form
- Detailed CV
- Letter of motivation (maximum of two pages)
- Two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Official transcripts for BSc and MSc degrees
- Photocopy of official certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
- Evidence of current and previous employment (if applicable).
- Submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (maximum of 3 pages outlining the justification, objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes of your research idea).
To apply for the WACAL postgraduate scholarship 2021, click here
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
For more information about WASCAL postgraduate scholarship, visit the official site.