American University Washington College of Law calls for essay paper submission for its 2022 Human Rights Essay Award under the theme: Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities.
The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
The Human Rights Essay Award 2022 in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options.
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
The following are requirements for the Human Rights Essay Award 2022
- This Awards is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality!
- Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2022 topic: ¨Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities. ¨
- The essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
To be eligible for the Human Rights Essay Award 2022, applicants must submit
- Curriculum vitae/Resume, and
- Their essay with the following details
- No longer than 35 pages
- Essay text is size 12, Times New Roman font, double-spaced
- Footnotes are size 10, Times New Roman font, single-spaced
- 1-inch (2.54cm) margins all around
- Page is size letter (8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm)
- There is no information identifying the author in the essay.
Deadline: January 31, 2022.
For more information on Human Rights Essay Award 2022, visit the official site.