Application is currently ongoing for the West African Institute of Public Health (WAIPH) Virtual Internship program 2021.
The West African Institute of Public Health (WAIPH) is the largest regional public health organization in the African region with a global community of over 6000 members.
The flagship semi-autonomous department of the Institute known as the West African Academy of Public Health (WAAPH) or the Academy of Public Health (APH) is focused on certifications and growing professional members’ skills and competence. Its bouquet of offerings includes an internship suite called the virtual internship program (VIP).
The VIP is a work experience program where the intern gains experience while working as part of a cohort and teams remotely to garner some key professional skills. VIP is an award-winning program that has enabled many former participants to get their footing after graduation and find employment opportunities with a solid grip in public health-related domains.
Aims and Objectives is to
- Improve knowledge of youths on global health information and resources.
- Strengthen leadership skills including advocacy and teamwork skills.
- Enhance health knowledge, peer conversation, and healthy behaviors, nurture and strengthen career aspirations and provide guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All interns are expected to.
• Participate effectively in tweet chats, interviews, articles, campaigns, and meetings.
• Participate actively in the online training and commit to a minimum of two hours per week.
- Have active social media accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Promote key public health activities/programs on social media. Take guided online courses from portals.
- Bring new ideas, develop content and promote the approved material
- Support organizational socials by amplifying messages with communication leads.
Submit a written monthly report of their activities using the WAAPH-VIP report template.
Recent graduates, between the ages of 20-30 (within a 2-year post-graduation window) who have the passion to make a difference in the lives of people with a good grasp of the English language and Information Technology are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send mail expressing their Interest, Subject: “VIP Application” and a CV (PDF format: 2-page max) as an attachment to; email@example.com
Deadline: February 8, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.