Applications for the West African Research Center Travel Grant for African Scholars is currently open.
The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent.
Travel grant funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the continent of Africa
- visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution
- travel to a research site in Africa.
The WARC Travel Grant provides;
- a travel costs up to $1,500 and
- a stipend of $1,500.
The West African Research Center Travel Grant competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
Applications to must include;
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference; an abstract of the paper to be read and a letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution; invitation from host institution
- For graduate students; a letter of recommendation from a professor overseeing their research
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
To apply for WARC Travel Grant, click here.
Deadline: October 15, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.