The call for applications is currently open for the Wits-Edinburgh MSc scholarship by Research in Sustainable African Futures.
The first component of this innovative collaborative postgraduate programme of studies, consists of an MSc by Research (MScR) in Sustainable African Futures delivered online and administered by the University of Edinburgh. You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must apply for the scholarship before applying to the University.
This degree is designed to build the capacity of and prepare students looking to undertake doctoral-level research with an interest in sustainability in Africa. The MSc programme will provide the necessary skills to undertake advanced research through a structured programme of research training. Students will have the opportunity to undertake additional specialist research training (through courses and sustainability schools) alongside an independent research project.
Starting Date: September
Duration: 12 Months
Costs covered during the 12 months of the MSc by Research in Sustainable African Futures programme are:
- MSc by Research fees
- Laptops and connectivity where appropriate
- Reading material will be accessible through the University of Edinburgh online library and other resources will be made available by course lecturers (no cost will be attached to courses or dissertation).
- Participation in two sustainability schools (in person) in Johannesburg. Covered costs include;
- visa applications for South Africa entry,
- vaccinations as necessary,
- accommodation and subsistence while in Johannesburg,
- return flights and internal travel.
The target group for scholarships is emerging researchers and academics who meet the requirements to pursue a master’s degree at the University of Edinburgh. To apply for this program, applicants must:
- have successfully completed a university degree that will qualify for entry into a Master’s programme at the University of Edinburgh
- demonstrate a level of English language competency that will enable you to succeed in your studies, regardless of your nationality or country of residence.
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than three and a half years ago and/or have demonstrable experience in academia/research at the time of application.
- must be nationals or permanent residents of an African country
- and generally be a staff member at one of the partner universities, or a candidate being considered for teaching or research staff recruitment by the partner universities.
In addition to the Research in Sustainable African Futures online application form, candidates will need to upload the following mandatory documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (if applicable)
- Final official university degree certificate and final official transcript.
- Letter of support from the university where the candidate is based
- If applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as a refugee
To apply for Wits-Edinburgh MSc scholarship by Research in Sustainable African Futures, click here
Deadline: May 15, 2023.
For more information on Wits-Edinburgh MSc scholarship by Research in Sustainable African Futures, visit the official site.