Applications are welcome to the 2021 WomEng Southern Africa Online Fellowship.
The WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship, powered by De Beers Group is an innovation, well-being and employability skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond.
It is an online programme providing Fellows with materials and resources to learn in their own space and time. The programme is designed taking into consideration COVID-19 restrictions and foreseen academic workloads.
The programme is designed to shape the way women in engineering think about themselves as confident leaders in the industry. The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership Now – Unlocking Your Story and Style
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Look After Yourself
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Duration: September 2021 – March 2022
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana) in 2022.
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia.
- Those that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2021 – March 2022 to participate in the programme.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
To access the WomEng Southern Africa Online Fellowship 2021downloadable application form, click here.
Deadline: August 1, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.