The World Bank Group’s Education Global Practice and the Africa Chief Economist Office have opened applications for the WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program in 2022, which is accessible to master’s degree holders, Ph.D. applicants, and recent Ph.D. graduates from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The WBG-Africa Education Fellowship Program targets young, talented African nationals who are master’s degree holders with three to four years of relevant experience who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work in the Education sector. This Education sector-specific fellowship program builds on the model of the broader WBG Africa Fellowship Program.
The Fellowship Program aims to develop a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in building careers in development, working with international institutions, governments, think tanks, the private sector, and academia to improve education in developing countries.
However, the fellowship will allow participants to work in any of the regional or global Education units of the WBG, thereby promoting diverse voices across the World Bank.
Duration: 6 months
WBG-Africa Education Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the WBG’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned education experts in the field of development
- Contribute to the WBG’s overall mission
To be eligible for the 2022 World Bank Group-Africa Education Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a Sub-Saharan Africa national
- Be a master’s degree holder with three to four years of relevant experience; recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal. Fluency in other languages such as French or Portuguese is highly desirable
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Young African women who are eligible are encouraged to apply, especially those interested in Education Technology.
To apply for the World Bank Group-Africa Education Fellowship Program, click here.
Deadline: February 28, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.