The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) call for applications for the 2023 WBG Africa Fellowship Program for PhD candidates and recent PhD graduates who are Sub-Saharan African nationals.
Through the fellowship, WBG aims to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, and policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia
It offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, the design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Duration: 06 months
Fellows are eligible to receive:
- Consultant fees and
- Round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C., or a country office from their university or institution.
To apply for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship for PhD Students, applicants must:
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Nevertheless, applications from women are strongly welcome.
All applications must be submitted using the application form below.
To get the application form, click here.
Deadline: August 25, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.