Application is currently ongoing for the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Spring Internship Program 2021.
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency offers highly motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The goal of the program is to provide an excellent opportunity for candidates to gain first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. And as well experiences World Bank in the form of externships during the academic year while enrolled in a full-time law program or for those enrolled in part-time and/or evening law programs.
Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Program, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
To qualify for the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency Internship Program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any IBRD member state
- He/she must be currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program, and
- They must have an excellent command of the English language
Applications from international as well as U.S.-based students are equally welcome.
Applicants are to submit the documents below:
- Statement of Interest
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.