In collaboration with the Penn State Department of Architecture(AE), the World Bank invites applications from applicants from developing countries to its World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021.
One of the important components of the World Bank is to promote economic development and shared prosperity through investing in education, capacity building, and developing human resources in the developing world.
This year, the World Bank group of Scholarship Program in Collaboration with the Penn State Department of Architecture(AE) is offering Architecturing Engineering graduate students from countries covered by the World Bank the Opportunity to further their education academically through a Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) and a specialized Master of Science(M.S.) degree programs. This scholarship opportunity is to enhance or support students in the world Bank eligible member countries who have the zeal and talents to further their education but lack the financial ability.
At the completion of either of these programs, students will be poised to return to their home country to contribute to the building and construction sector of their countries through the engineering of ultra-high performance and sustainable buildings and as well further their education in a doctoral program.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fee for the graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- Economy class air travel between the candidate’s home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- $500 US travel allowance for each trip.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses such as accommodations, food, books, etc.).
To qualify for the World Bank and the Penn State Department of Architecture(AE) masters scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Be in good health;
- Have recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree for at least 3 years;
- Must not have any close relationship with any of the world bank Group staff or executive director.
Interested applicants are to access the application form online and provide the following documents for applications:
- Curriculum vitae
- Documentation that confirms that an applicant meet up the eligibility requirements
- Medical certificate
- Identification number
Deadline: May 21, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.