The World Bank Group is inviting applications for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program for Economic Researchers from Developing countries.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) matches aspiring development economics researchers from developing countries with World Bank research economists, creating unique opportunities for fellows to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC). Fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. for 8 months (September to May each year) and work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments, engaging in high-quality and policy-relevant research projects.
By working with World Bank DEC researchers and their external academic collaborators from top universities, fellows will learn current research standards, acquire new econometric skills, and network with leading researchers in their field. They will have a unique opportunity to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research and widen their perspective on potential development questions, and how their research can address challenges in the developing world.
- The RSMFP offers a competitive compensation, totaling $44,888 net of income taxes per fellow for an 8-month fellowship.
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR Operations unit will assist the selected candidates with their application for G4 visa.
To qualify for the World Bank McNamara Fellowships Program for Economic Researchers, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries;
- Fluent in English;
- Graduates of master’s level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30 2023);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
Applicants must submit their application with the following documents:
- An updated CV
- A statement of purpose describing their research interests, professional objectives, and discussing their qualifications as development researchers
- Contact details for a reference who can provide a letter of recommendation
- A writing sample (optional)
- A code sample (optional)
To apply for the World Bank McNamara Fellowships Program for Economic Researchers, click here.
Deadline: April 03, 2023.
For more information on World Bank McNamara Fellowships Program for Economic Researchers, visit the official site.